Thursday, February 05, 2009

A Lovely Night


As I have mentioned I just turned 34, wow, honestly when I was 20 years old 34 seemed like middle age. So naive I was... I really feel quite young or I did until getting pregnant. This pregnancy is showing me my age, I have aches and pains I don't remember having with my other two. All in all though I feel like I am entering the best part of my life. To think of going back to my early 20's holds absolutely no appeal to me, all the angst and drama of trying to figure out life and who I am, no thanks. Been there, done that, have the battle scars to prove it.
This year my husband took it upon himself to plan my birthday celebration all on his own. He ended up getting us a reservation at a very nice steak house, invited my parents and we had a great time. Then came my present!! For years I have talked about photography and possibly taking a class so I could get better. Well considering we were students any camera was pretty much a luxury we couldn't afford, especially a high quality one. He kept the notion in his head that one day we may be able to afford one and that is exactly what I received. A beautiful Sony camera along with an extra lens. This camera is quite a beauty and I am excited to use it, except I don't really know how to yet. The manual and I have a date for tonight.
Jay, thank you for a fun, exciting night that I will always remember. I should also thank my boys for behaving pretty good in a swanky restaurant, it was refreshing not to have to seperate them or threaten them with bodily harm if the whinning doesn't stop. :O)

5 comments:

flutterby said...

Wow, JJ... sounds like a great night and a way cool and thoughtful gift! Extra lens? Is it an SLR camera? Can't wait to see some of your excellent pics once you get it figured out!

Bijoux said...

I agree with Flutter.....please post some pictures once you get going. Sounds like a wonderful birthday!

JodyJ said...

Cocotte/Flutter- As soon as I figure it out I will post some pics for sure!!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, glad you had a good one...

WAUGDAI said...

So, how's your husband feel about cloning? tee hee. Glad you had a great day girl! Was thinkin of ya!! Can't wait to see the pics... next you'll have to start a flickr page!

Followers