Friday, February 13, 2009

Small Successes


I came across this idea from another Blogger's site. I've tweaked it a bit to make it my own and to fit my idea of what I want to write about. Gratitude Friday is about writting about the small success we as moms have had throughout the week. To focus on the positive little things we've accomplished. Here are my 3 small successes:

1. Decorated the house for Valentine's Day. It is important to me to make certain day's fun and exciting for the kids so they'll have memories to look back on with a smile. I plastered pink and red hearts on our windows, made them surprise Valentine's Day buckets full of chocolates and small toys. It is even more fun for me to do something fun/a little embarrasing for my husband so I put together an adult fun bag just for us!!

2. I made all our meals from scratch this week. Being pregnant and feeling tired alot of the time the temptation to eat out more then we should is a constant battle of mine. This week I was able to push past the fatigue and cook some homeade meals, 2 of which were fish, now that NEVER happens.

3. We've been fairly consistent in our before bed devotionals with the boys. Most nights I am counting down the minutes till their sweet, argumentative heads hit the pillows. Fortunately, or maybe unfortunately , I have two little male voices constantly reminding me that we HAVE to do devotionals as a family before bed. So I throw my agenda to the side and we do devotionals, and we love doing it! :O)

These are my small succcesses for the week, and I'm proud of them. I'd love to hear yours if you feel like writing about it!

5 comments:

JodyJ said...

Cocotte- thanks, sometimes it's easier to concentrate on where you fall short in life, I think this forces you to look at what you did good for the week. :O)

flutterby said...

I love how you decorate for the seasons and holidays. I'm sure your boys will have great memories, just as you hope.

My, my, my... adult fun bag?? Do tell.

:)

Kiyotoe said...

my wife and I are expecting a daughter in May and as soon as I found out she was pregnant, as a writer, my first instinct was to write something. So I started a collection of bedtime stories that I'd eventually read to my daughter.

This week I finished the first collection (five stories). That was my major success of the week.

Anonymous said...

Those are big successes Jody! You've inspired me too. Thanks:)
Jamie

JodyJ said...

Flutter- if you want to see or hear about the adult bag you will have to plan on visiting me sometime!

Kiyotoe- welcome, glad to have you! What a wonderful idea you had to compile a collection of bedtime stories, I'm sure your baby along with you and your wife will cherish your book always!!

Jamie- Hey girl, glad to hear from you on here.... I would love to get your blog address!! Start writing again!

Followers