Monday, February 09, 2009

Catch Up Weekend

This past weekend some old friends of ours came for a visit. It has been years since I've seen them, although my husband has had more opportunities to visit them then I.
Sometime ago, due to our differences in belief, a strain had been put on the relationship. I was over zealous in sharing my thoughts and my friend became offended. I had apologised but truly things were never quite the same since. We recently reconnected via email. She had actually wrote me in a bit of a confrontational manner asking if we wanted them out of their lives. Long story short there had been some miscommunication over the Internet and feelings were unintentionally hurt. (can you imagine miscommunication over email... NEVER)
Because of all the drama that had gone on this weekend was important because both of our families wanted to come together and reconnect.
We ended up having a great time, lots of talking and catching up and it feels like time has never passed really. We still have our differences and they are very obvious, but I think we've both mellowed out and realized it isn't worth debating any longer.
Our kids got along so nicely so we will be doing this again once our baby is born. Here are a few pics of the kids having fun.









4 comments:

Bijoux said...

I've been in a similar situation. I find it best to not talk about politics or religion unless you are both of the same mind. Otherwise, feelings get hurt.

Glad you had such a nice reunion!

JodyJ said...

Your right Cocotte, it's one lesson I've learned the hard way, but learned none the less. Best all around to stick to subjects we have in common.

flutterby said...

JJ -- you are so open and honest, I admire that. And I'm so glad to know that things went well!

WAUGDAI said...

(K, I've written this about three times.) Simply I just want to say: I'm glad you were able to reconnect Jod. I'm also really sad to read these comments. Differences should be appreciated and people should be valued. Regardless if I believe exactly as you do; I value you and the choices you've made and can take from both to enrich my own journey! Thanks for being you Jod. Love ya girl!

Followers