Tuesday, February 24, 2009

It's starting to set in..


I am starting to get freaked out about labour. I have done it twice before, I know it's not a joy ride. I am not one of those lucky three women in the world, who I've read about, that had an orgasmic labour mine are painful, exhausting and scary just as I am sure yours have been.
With my first I was terrified because I had never experienced it before. All I know is I wanted the pain to go away any way possible. The epidural did that for me and for that I will be eternally grateful.
Just before giving birth the second time I came across an article pretty much stating that fear is where the real pain comes from. Your body gets tense and won't relax, and when that happens the contraction become more painful. They advised seeing the contraction as a large muscle that is being worked at hard like when your at the gym. It's your muscles doing their job to push the baby out.
That article was stuck in my head and I really believe it helped me during the second labour as I could visualize this large muscle working hard to push out the baby.
Even knowing all this panic is starting to set in. Labour is definitely on my mind but it's all the changes that will come after. No sleep... AUGH! I have had wonderful full night rests for years, how am I going to handle little to no sleep again??
How am I going to handle 3 kids? Will I be horrible to the other two older kids as I am adjusting to being a mom to a newborn again?
I know I am complaining....I feel bad about it, but these thoughts really overtake me sometimes. I feel so over being pregnant. I didn't have the aches and pains like I have experienced with this baby. Tonight I was trying to clean up the kitchen, I had shooting, sharp pains in my lower back and leg so I crawled into bed with a hot water bottle. When my husband came to find me I started crying because I am so frustrated with my body. We have been living on hamburger and pasta because I have constant contractions when I am grocery shopping and I can't get a full grocery.
Sorry, I am feeling whipped tonight I guess. Sometimes you just have to vent and lucky you guys get to be my audience. Sorry.
I'm sure I'll feel better tomorrow.

4 comments:

Bijoux said...

Oh, go ahead and vent! It's lousy to feel so yucky. If it's any help, my third labor was a breeze compared to the other two. The best part was one push after transition and he came right out (compared to an hour of pushing with the first one). You can do it!

JodyJ said...

Cocotte- Thanks, I already feel like an idiot for venting in an emotional state... I am hoping the third time around will be like yours was.

flutterby said...

Oh Jody... my heart goes out to you. I know that you are not the complaining type and so you must really be feeling it to need to vent. But, really... vent away, girlfriend. I don't think any of us mind one bit. <3

If I was you I'd be spending my days googling tips on how to achieve that orgasmic labor... don't think I'd mind a long labor one bit if it was like that!! :D lol

Anonymous said...

The only job in the world tougher than being a Mom is being a pregnant Mom ......

So says my Mom, and who am I to argue? Hang in there and take care of you, OK?

Followers