Thursday, March 05, 2009

Our Story



1) How old were you when you first met your husband?
- I was 17 years old, he was 18
2) Who made the first move?
- I think I did by inviting him over to my friends house for an after grad party.
3) What was your first impression of him?
- I thought he was the quiet, brooding type... I was really intrigued.
4) When did you know you had really fallen for him?
- We were at a church bible camp, he was a counsellor, I was a camper. He started 'hanging' out with my camp counsellor and I was livid. We were at a bonfire one night and I saw him holding her hand. I couldn't take it so I stomped over to the other side of the fire across from them and glared. He caught my eye and just sort of looked at me. I knew I had fallen.
5) What is your favorite memory of how you guys got together?
- I have so many great memories of that time! Falling in love in crazy and emotional and so fun!! I suppose one of my most favorite memories is when I actually confronted him on the beach. A few days before we talked on the beach Jay had approached one of my good girlfriends asking about me. She pretty much told him I wanted to be free for the summer to have fun. Days later she told me about this conversation she'd had with him. I asked to talk with him on the beach and told him I knew how he felt.
6) Where was your first kiss?
- It was after that week of camp. We decided to go for a drive together, we ended up parking at the park and talking for hours. We shared our first kiss there, and almost right after a patrol car pulled up and an officer came and knocked on the window. He then asked me if I was being held against my will. :O)
7) What is your most frightening memory of your dating time?
- Jay and I were in a car full of people heading up to a local Bible College for a football tournament. We had driven all night, he played football the next day and we were to drive home. I told him I would drive for part of the way so he could rest. We were about 10 km out of town, everyone in the car was asleep instantly, including me. We drove down a steep ditch and I woke up just in time to steer clear of a huge power box. Very scary, and to think about it to this day he won't let me drive on long trips.
8) When did you know you would marry him?
- I honestly believe I knew from very early on in our dating. But when I knew that I knew we had been dating for about 6 years, I had been on a mission trip to Cuba. I became quite ill when I was there and couldn't participate in all the ministry times. I spent alot of time alone in bed thinking and praying. All of my doubts and concerns sort of disappeared. Upon returning to Canada I called him from a layover city and told him I was ready. He was VERY skeptical, but I knew that I knew and after a few months I had a ring on my finger.
9) What does your husband bring to your life?
- I will narrow it down because there is alot. He is my best friend so he brings me companionship, love, loyalty,smiles, hugs... this is starting to sound cheesy... but it's true.
10) What is the nicest thing your husband has done for you lately?
- The other day he brought me home a lumbar support that massages as you lean against it. It is fabulous and is making me feel like a new women!

5 comments:

flutterby said...

You and Jay have so much history there, don't you? Very sweet Q&A Jody. I enjoyed reading it. :)

Bijoux said...

I LOVED reading this. Now I'd also enjoy hearing about the first time you met Flutter. Also, maybe you could write about the Cuban mission trip sometime. That sounds very interesting!

JodyJ said...

Flutter- I would like to read your answers, consider yourself tagged!

Cocotte- Those are some great idea's, I will write about it for sure. I would love to hear your answers to the questionaire as well.

Anonymous said...

Dated for 6 years? Are you nuts? :-)

Queenie and I dated for 6 before getting engaged, married at 7. Made her father nuts! It's rare to find another couple who didn't jump in after a year or two ....

JodyJ said...

Xavier- dating for 6 years is crazy and I don't think I want my kids to do it... BUT you really do get to know the person good and bad. You know what your getting into that's for sure.

Followers