Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I want to get away, I wanna fly away.....


We decided to treat ourselves this past winter. No, no fancy trips to an exotic, foreign, WARM climate, not this year. We decided to pack up the munchkins and head west a few hours to a city that actually has something to do on cold winter days.
I booked us in at a kid friendly hotel, we were lucky enough to get the Spider man theme room which rocked my boys world. Our hotel had water slides, X-box, and free breakfast the next morning. What more could we ask for?? As for me I went for the Super Walmart, yes small things amuse me, but when your from a "city" (and I use the word generously) where NOTHING is going on or open past 8pm a Super Walmart is the bomb.
So we packed up our mini van, decluttered it before hand, installed the portable DVD players, had everyone buckled in, coffee's in their trays when it happened. My battery was D.E.A.D. (AUGH!!-stupid van) So after a lot of grumbling and complaining we unloaded the cargo and reloaded it into my hubby's truck. I believe it is fair to say at this point we are stressed out, the kids are at each other, and our coffee's are cold. (blah)
So we stop by Tim Horton's (a local coffee place) get two large Cafe Mocha's to go and we hit the road. Here is a picture of my little guys, all grins because we are finally on our way.





Despite a rocky start we had a great weekend. The kids went water sliding with their dad while I took pictures and tried to stay dry. We played X-box, ate take out, broke up two fighting kids... ah yes, not terribly relaxing for us parents, but sometimes you just need a change of scenery.
Here are some more pics of my boys enjoying their weekend in what they refered to as the "Greatest days EVER!!"






7 comments:

Bijoux said...

Ok, now I'm sad that my kids are no longer small enough to enjoy a trip like that! I want to go on a summer vacation SO BAD, but I'm afraid it will not fit into all of their schedules :(

Love your pictures!

WAUGDAI said...

How fun Jod! They are so photogenic too! Glad you were able to get away.

JodyJ said...

Cocotte- I suppose I take for granted that my kids LOVE doing this kind of stuff with us still. It will be sad for me when they get to the age that they think it's lame.

Waugdai- yes getting away, anywhere, is a nice break from reality.

flutterby said...

I just love how the little monkey looks all tucked into his blankets.

Funny how even things that are supposed to be a "break" for Mom and Dad, never really are. But, you're right... sometimes a change of scenery is just as good. And the boys look like they had tons of fun!

Jennifer Kindle said...

glad you stopped in on my blog and it was fun seeing your little guys swimming in your latest post. Gotta love those boys...I agree with all you said about boys + public school = trouble. But, I figure God blessed us with them and has given me the opportunity to mold them into His likeness and we feel this is the best way possible right now....it's not always easy but it's definitely worth it. Jennifer

WAUGDAI said...

Hey jod - when are you going to post pics of the little girl's room? I'm dying to see it!!!

JodyJ said...

Waugdai- i know, I have been so lazy and unmotivated to finish it... i will try for the end of this week

Followers