Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Israel 1997



Ever since I was a little girl I had wanted to travel and do missions. Our church was a big advocate for many mission organizations, but one that always stood out to me was YWAM ( Youth With A Mission).
One year after graduation I went to YWAM. For the first few months we had our lecture phase which consisted of many different themes. All focused on getting closer to God and finding out what our path was, are calling. During the lecture phase you go on mini outreaches, work with homeless people, serve food to the hungry, all great ministries. After the lecture phase you head out on a overseas outreach. Israel is the second outreach I went on with YWAM, my first being a few years earlier.
Israel changed my life, I wouldn't say it was a time of our team doing great ministry, but Israel impacted me and has led me on the path which I am on now. Being there as a believer you truly feel like you are home, it is familiar due to the fact that we have read about it from the Bible.
Leaving was heartbreaking and I long to go back someday with my husband and children. I had many experiences there and due to lack of technology back in the day I don't have a lot of pictures to show that. This little ditty I put together are a few of the good pictures I have with a story behind it.
Again due to technology back then and my lack of knowing how to really use my new camera, some of the pictures are not too clear. I hope you enjoy it anyway.





5 comments:

Bijoux said...

I understand how a trip like that can change your life. Thanks for sharing the photos and memories.

WAUGDAI said...

What a flood of memories I'm having now... I remember when you returned from that trip! ;-)

JodyJ said...

Cocotte- It was a great trip... I wish I had better photo's to display.

Waugdai-Yes I remember seeing you too when I got back. Man there was drama upon my arrival home hey?? :O)

flutterby said...

My only complaint is that it was TOO SHORT!

Enjoyed your slide show so much, Jody! I don't think I've ever seen your pics from that trip before!

JodyJ said...

Flutter-another good excuse as to why you must come and see me... :O)

Followers