Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 in Review


We decided to just have a night in with the kids, wow no different then any other night. My husband has to be at work for 8am the next day so we played some Wii, bathed our rug rats and tried to have everyone in bed so we could enjoy our Japanese food and a movie. All in all it was a relaxing night, and relaxing is a great way to bring in the new year.
As we were sitting talking we started to reflect on 2008. Here are our reflections:
During this past year we went from being a low income, student family living in a low income housing unit to finally owning a home, being business owners and finally having enough money to breathe.
We went from being a family of four, to a family of four plus one on the way. We've moved away from family and friends and now live in a 'city' (I use the term generously) where we don't really know anybody.
We enrolled our son in public school, we were just about sued by another pharmacy, had extended family issues, found another home for our dog, replaced a furnace, lost control of my bladder and as I am looking down at my exposed belly ( I am watching the baby kicking) I am noticing new wonderful (sarcastic) stretch marks. It's a wonder I am not on some prescription medication.
My hope for 2009? Simple, simplicity.

4 comments:

Bijoux said...

Happy New Year, Jody! Wishing you all the best in 2009.

JodyJ said...

Happy New Year to you Cocotte!! I look forward to more of your posts in 2009!

flutterby said...

Wow, it's a little breathless to take in a whole year in a couple paragraphs. :) This year has certainly brought so many changes to your family, ours as well.

Here's to greater and better things in 09, baby!

JodyJ said...

Flutter: I'll drink to that, ok I guess I can't actually 'drink' (shame) but I'll raise my prune juice (I never knew prenatal vitamins could make you constipated) ahmen... I'll drink to greater things in '09-cheers!

Followers