Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Oh how things have changed

"Here Mommy, let me help you with your boots." came the kind words from my 5 year old today. He is quite protective of me, especially now that I am pregnant. He often will tell his father to be nice because I am a pregnant mommy. He will join me in complaining about the mess the dog makes, often stating that Mommy is pregnant and can't do all the cleaning. He is a sweet boy.
I remember being pregnant with my 1st baby. I remember how careful we were about everything. My husband doted on me, would run out for Burger King at the drop of a hat, rub my ever growing tummy with lotion to prevent stretch marks, and would often play classical music for the baby.
The second pregnancy was a stressful time as we were in the middle of a move. I had pregnancy brain and almost burned down our house. The tummy rubs became less, I now had complaints about having to go out at night for a craving run and the time spent talking to baby, I don't know if we even did that.
Now onto the third baby. Again came at a stressful time, husband starting a new career, we didn't even talk about the baby much for the first while. I don't even take the time to rub my belly with lotion, I think I've played music once for the baby, and I don't even think to ask for a craving run. But tonight, that little voice of my son brought tears to my eyes. You know what, I deserve to be pampered a little bit, and you know what else, it felt good to be pampered, even if he's only 5.
Thanks little guy, you really made me feel cherished today.

4 comments:

Bijoux said...

That little boy is a keeper! How sweet. He is going to be a great big brother to your new baby.

JodyJ said...

Cocotte- I agree with you- I keep thinking what a great, thoughtful husband he will be someday!

flutterby said...

This post made me feel a little sad, Jody. Strange how even special "magical" things like pregnancy can get a bit lost in the midst of stress and life. I'm glad that LilJ found a way to get through to you that this time is special. That you are special and that this baby inside you is special. LilJ is a sweetheart and I think you should take his cue and pamper yourself a bit tonight. Maybe a long bath with some music and candles and a glass of gingerale or something after the kids are in bed. Hugs.

JodyJ said...

Flutter- your response almost made me cry.. darn hormones :O) I am going to take your advice, maybe next time we are together we can plan a little trip for a nice pedi?? How does that sound?

Followers