Thursday, December 04, 2008

Kegals, shmegals...?

Let me preface this by saying I would have it no other way right now, I am grateful that I am pregnant and I am TRYING to enjoy the journey. TRYING...
Pregnancy this time around has been anything but easy. Now this could be because I am in my 30's, or the fact that I wasn't in the greatest shape to begin with, or maybe because I didn't do that damn kegals that Oprah and Dr. Oz always say we should. My confession is, (whisper) I have a bladder I can't control.
Ever morning I battle vomitting and wetting myself as I am attempting to brush my teeth. My husband finds this to be hilarious. There I am bent over the sink, legs crossed to prevent an áccident, all the while gagging trying to hold back the vomit. The one phrase I keep muttering to myself as I do this dance every morning is, 'this better be a girl.'
The other day as I was crossing a busy intersection with my husband I felt a cough coming on so I had to stop, cross my legs and cough, in the middle of the street as cars are waiting to drive! Yeah it's a big joke to him, Mr. ' as least I don't wet my pants when I cough' guy. Maybe I should do kegals, but they feel weird, and like I don't have enough to do.
Maybe I'll just invest in some pantyliners, that's what they are for right?

4 comments:

Bijoux said...

First, don't you just love that Dr. Oz? But I thought you were supposed to do the kegels AFTER the birth, not while pregnant?? Or maybe just all the time? You're right - who has time to worry about that?

Now, not to get your hopes up, but I was mega-vomito with both girls and NOT with my son.

Now the bad news.....I still gag brushing my teeth and after 3 kids, I'm in the bathroom all the time. I think they ruined my bladder.

flutterby said...

Maybe you could pur-chaze de leetle toy dat works de sexy muscles vile you valk around, no?

**********
It wouldn't hurt to look into something now, though... I don't think this is a problem that will get any better with time, if you know what I'm saying.

Just remind Mr. Chuckles McChucklepants that one day his body will let him down, too... and that you have more than earned your Laughing Card.

JodyJ said...

Cocotte- I truly thought once the little chicklet was out that the gagging and bladder control would be back to normal. All hope is lost :O) And you know most of my friends who've had girls have said that the nausea was extreme when they were pregnanct. I suppose in a few years when the plastic surgeon is putting my breasts back to where their supposed to be, and once the tummy tuck is done I could tell him/her to fix the thingy that keeps you from wetting yourself.

JodyJ said...

Flutter- Maybe you could host such a party that would cater to um.. well you know.
The only thing I can laugh at at my lovely hubby is the exorbitant amount of nose hair he's hauling around. "Ha, ha you old man look at that forest sprouting from your nose." He then chases me and I pee. Whose laughing now?

Followers