Monday, December 29, 2008

Farewell

This is something I have been wanting for a long time, or so I thought. I know I have complained, probably shed a few tears of frustration over it, and yet now I am shedding tears because I miss her.
Two days ago a very nice man and his wife drove to our little neck of the woods and left with our dog Willow.
When it truly came down to making this decision we waivered quite a bit. This man was interested a few weeks ago and just as I was about to give him the go ahead my dear husband said he just couldn't do it. He promised me we would find a way to make it work, he was going to prepare our enviornment for our dog so we could enjoy her more and I would have less maintanence with her.
Wouldn't you know after resigning myself to this and looking forward to the said changes things at work for my husband have gone crazy. He will be working more and it doesn't look like it will be letting up anytime soon. So our dilema is do we keep our German Shepherd, a poor girl who isn't getting excercised or stimulated much just so we won't miss her? Do we give her to a man who won't stop emailing about her even after we told him no a earlier. I guess the decision finally came when he emailed again and told us he purchased a German Shepherd pup from the breeder our dog was from and that Willow would have an acreage and a friend to play with all the time.
Needless to say I miss her, I didn't think I would but I do. I keep checking my email for pictures and updates of her. It's been a sad few days around here.

3 comments:

Bijoux said...

Awww, that is sad, Jody. I've been wondering what's been happening with you and was a little worried by your "Farewell" title.

Glad you are still here, but sad that you are missing your beautiful dog. But I know you'll have your hands full with the new baby.

JodyJ said...

Cocotte- It was your tag that got me to write about it. Wouldn't you know that the picture I would have had to use was one of our puppy. I will post that picture later on today.
Thanks for the tag, it got me out of my slump. :O)

flutterby said...

Some decisions are never easy, no matter how well planned. My heart goes out to you all, JJ. I'm sure Willow will do fine in her new place, and that, in time... you all will do fine as well.

And just maybe a little trip East is what the doctor ordered to break the somber mood! Huh?? Huh??

I was a little bit freaked over your title, too! Don't you do that ever again, girl!! :D

Followers