Monday, December 08, 2008

1998

I was driving the other day, probably to pick up or drop off one of my kids at something. As I turned on the radio a song played that took me back to the year 1998
At that time I was working at a restaurant as a waitress. I had become pretty good friends with alot of the staff, we hung out after work and had great times together.
On this particular day it was my birthday, I was turning 23, and my boyfriend (my lovely hubby now) was across the country at University. My friends being sweet and taking pity told me they were taking me out to dinner.
We arrived to the packed restaurant, took our seats to get ready to order. All at once our waiter appeared with a guitar and proceeded to serenade me. Everyone stopped and stared, I'm not sure what shade of red I actually turned, but my friends thought it was hilarious. Now the song he sang had to be changed a little, see my eyes aren't brown their blue.
When my friend and waiter were planning this little ditty my friend didn't know off hand what color my eyes were so they came up with a plan. The plan was whatever color my eyes were, he would wear that same color of shirt so when the waiter/singer came up he would know what color to substitute. It was a fun night, one I won't soon forget.
What a great memory!


2 comments:

Bijoux said...

Hey! I have brown eyes and nobody ever sang that song to me. I was always subjected to another song that featured my name and was annoying.

Aren't songs great the way they can transport you back in time??

flutterby said...

What a fun memory... and great friends to pull that off for you.

Followers