Saturday, December 06, 2008

Inspired

After reading my fellow blogger's post it inspired me to post a little ditty for your viewing pleasure. This song brings me back to riding in an old Chevelle, windows down, dust in my teeth. My brother and I in the backseat, no seat belts, no air conditioning and this song playing on the radio. My mom trying to harmonize, my dad whistling with a toothpick in between his teeth. We were hot, sweaty and dust covered. What a great memory!! Thanks Cocotte for the inspiration!

4 comments:

Bijoux said...

Oh, you're welcome Jody!
I'd guesstimate your parents are about 10-15 years younger than mine. This was definitely not the type of music I was subjected to in the backseat of the '72 Lincoln Mercury Marquis!

JodyJ said...

I guess it pays to have parents that at the time we barely adults... they were still in their young and rebellious stage. Nothing like a little purple gas trailing behind your car.

flutterby said...

I think you forgot the part where your brother is pestering you incessently? No? Not this time? :D

Good song. I could almost hear your Mom harmonizing... though I can't ever recall hearing your Dad whistle. I know that Mr. F. is actually a pretty good whistler so he must get it from somewhere, though!

flutterby said...

"Roll the old lady"???? What the heck?

Followers