Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A little bit of this, a little bit of that...

This week I finally did something very grown up, I purchased a bedroom set. In all my 10 years of marriage I have never had a bedroom set. I tried to buy one with classic lines so in the next 10 years it won't look too dated. So along with my new set, coming today YAY!, we are deciding on paint colors and installing a closet organizer. *when did I become an adult?*
This week I gave up our dog. Do I have regrets? Probably everyday I do. I think to myself, maybe if we tried harder and just stuck it out... oh well I have to keep telling myself she is happier. I received a report from her new owner yesterday. She is living on an acreage, she is playing lots outside and inside with their little puppy, I need to be happy for her and I am. I am just sad for us. One day we will go on a puppy journey again, this time for keeps.
This week I have been dropping subtle, okay maybe not so subtle, hints that I need an upgrade on my wedding ring. We affectionately refer to it as my 'starter'ring. Please don't get me wrong, I love my ring and it holds great memories and sentiment for me, but I am thinking a bigger diamond wouldn't hurt. I have my eye on a white gold solitaire that turns my knees to mush and turns my hubby's stomach because it may be a 'little'pricey, but hey we celebrate our 10 years together this summer!!
This week I need to get groceries. We are living off bread and soup, sad. I just dread going grocery shopping with my two boys. In the town where I live I have to hit a few places to get what we need and dragging two rammy little guys through a shopping center isn't my idea of a pleasant time. It starts out alright, then the pushing and shoving starts, I start threatening and giving the odd, so you can't see, pinch to tell them to smarten up. They start swinging and crawling on anything in sight. Just writing about it has made up my mind I will NOT do that with them today.
And finally this week I reconnected with an old friend. We haven't talked on the phone for 10+ years. She is from my town, grew up here, so when she heard I lived here now she called me and we had a great talk. It surprises how much you can actually miss someone and not know it. We made plans to get together the next time she's in town. Really nice to talk to her again.
So that is my week. Seems like a roller coaster and chaotic, sometimes that's how our weeks go. I think next week I will chill a bit.

3 comments:

Bijoux said...

I was never a fan of taking kids shopping either. And yes! 10 years sounds like the perfect occasion for a new ring.

flutterby said...

I cannot WAIT to see your new bedroom set. And a closet organizer, too!! And paint colors!

Way to get off to a great start for the New Year!

You really should find some young girl to babysit on occasion. Just to free you up for those grocery trips and salon afternoons. Alternatively, maybe J could hook you up with some under-the-counter tranquilizers... just sayin'!

The Kid got his New Years' Eve Up Until Midnight priviledge taken away today. Tonight is going to suck so bad for him, but I don't feel so guilty. The little sass, when asked to put away something that he brought downstairs, looked at me and said, "I'm not your MAID, you know!" Uh huh, he did it.

Have a great New Year's Eve. Wish you guys could've made the trip, but I understand. So sorry that things didn't work out earlier.

JodyJ said...

LOL.. Mr. F called me today and told me that one time Nitro was told to put something away and he told his dad, "you've got feet, go ahead." hilarious until Mr. F told me he doesn't know where Nitro has heard that since he doesn't think you two have ever said that... I think I'm guilty!!! I'm sure I have said that to my boys a time or two and maybe a little set of ear (Nitro) heard and repeated... so sorry!!
Enjoy your Wii tonight, and we will have to hook up in the new year! Happy New Year!!!

Followers