Monday, December 15, 2008

My Favorite Things, Oprah eat your heart out!

My dear Flutter posted her favorite things, here is a list of mine.


1) I have found these cleaners to be the bomb!! I have tried other 'green'products and was sorely disappointed, but these clean, there is actual suds when doing dishes. The bathroom all purpose cleaner made my tub sing for joy and I didn't loose a layer of fine nose tissue in the process. Refreshing and mild. Snaps to you Clorox!



2)
When my husband called me from work stating he was picking up a Wii I was a little hesitant. Another gaming system in our house, something ELSE for our kids to fight about. It has turned out to be a wonderful gaming system. It's very interactive and we have a ton of fun playing together as a family. Wii sports is great, it forces you to get up and move. The day after my boxing match on Wii I was stiff and sore, now that normally isn't a good thing, but it was the most exercise I have had in a while. Everything in moderation, right? Snaps to Nintendo, great system!

3)
No this isn't for the bedroom, it's not a torture device, at least not for humans. The choke collar has been a lifesaver, not for me but for my willful, crazy dog. Seeing that the weather is close to -50 degrees that animal is in the house all the time. So you can imagine a German shepherd who is still a puppy, all be it a LARGE puppy, who has energy to boot and with no exercise, she's a disaster. The instant I put this on her big neck she turns into a submissive dog again. So snaps to whomever invented this scary, but wonderful device, without it she may have ended up at the pound.

4) WARNING- this is not for the faint of heart. This sauce with kick you in the stomach and laugh. It brings a unique burning sensation to your mouth and the acid reflux may have you reaching for the Tums. Why would I recommend this, well it has a mouthwatering, vinegary, gingery taste that has me reaching for more. I crave this sauce and eat it on sandwiches. The few seconds before the burning starts to take over, before your sense clear and your nose is running like crazy, before all that there is a moment of satisfaction. It tastes so good- my mouth is watering even writing about it. So if your brave enough to try, have a bowl of ice cream at your side and jump in, yes it may be painful, actually it will be until you build up a tolerance for it. I guarantee you will feel like you may have been transported to a warm tropical island. No I'm not talking about hell, it's before your mouth is engulfed in flames, it's that few seconds of bliss that make it all worth it. So... snaps to President's Choice for making a great sauce!

5)
I received this sheet set for a gift from my folks. Now I wouldn't recommend these for those hot summer night that have us tossing and turning. These sheets are for those cold -50 degrees night kind of like the ones we are experiencing now, damn winter weather. Anyway don't get me started on our COLD Canada winters, these sheets are warm, soft and even luxurious. Yes I will go so far as to say luxurious. My little boy crawled into bed with us one night and asked if I would take these sheets off my bed so he could have them. Of course I told him to forget it, these are mine my friend. So if you suffer with winter like we do you will enjoy this little bit of comfort.

2 comments:

flutterby said...

Love it!! Can't wait to hear more about your Wii. Can I come over and play???!

I saw the choke collar and was all What THE....? Glad you explained the canine usage or else my freaky brain was going other places. :D

Aren't those sheets amazing? I was going to post a bit about them, too, cause they're just that wonderful. A little on the fuzzy/fluffy side, though. I'm having to vacuum my bedroom everyday cause they're "shedding" little fleecy puffs everywhere. I'm throwing them in the laundry again today so maybe that will help.

I'll have to try the Clorox stuff soon. Although I just bought a 4pack of ScrubbingBubbles bathroom mousse last week. Which, for the record, works A-Maze-ing. But, is laden with chemicals and yuck, of course.

And you KNOW I'll never be brave enough to try any sauce that YOU say is hot enough to hurt. I may snort pure alcohol up my nostrils, but even I draw the line somewhere!)

Bijoux said...

I'm all about the sauces, but you have me a bit scared on that one!

Those sheets look ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS! Do they come with the fireplace in the boudoir too?

Followers