Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Kicking Procrastination in the Butt


We have been doing home renovations and while it has been nice to see the improvements and new colors appear a great mess has been left in it's wake. Our living room has become a sort of dumping ground of nic naks, magazines, tools and old furniture. It has been stressing me out for a few weeks now. I keep telling myself that on the weekend we will get it cleaned up, yet the weekend comes and goes and the junk remains.
Now knowing myself like I do I decided something had to be done. I called a couple of friends to come over for coffee, with their children, first thing in the morning. Now these are friends that I am slowly getting to know, they aren't the kind that drop in, see the house a mess, and still know your a good person. No, these friends are the kind you want to make an impression on, to keep the facade going that you can keep a wonderfully clean house all the time, no problem.
So as I said knowing myself as I do I knew this is the ONLY thing that would kick my procrastination in the butt and make me attack it. So I have attacked, it's not perfect but in the rooms where my friends will be it looks pretty darn good. Now let's hope they don't go into unmarked areas as they may be in for a shock, I promise I will get to those room on the weekend! :O)

4 comments:

flutterby said...

Love the Calvin cartoon! I need one of those, too. :)

Looking forward to seeing you guys tomorrow. Phone me when you guys hit the road, OK?

Bijoux said...

I'm the same way....and was in fact going to do a post on the same darned thing. Projects like that are just hard to start.

WAUGDAI said...

So how was company?!

JodyJ said...

Flutter- had a nice visit with you all,, look forward to hearing your final derby name.

Cocotte- knowing friends were on their way made me attack it head on. I suffer from adult ADD :O) so I really had to talk myself through it so I wouldn't get overwhelmed.

Waugdai- the visit was fun, one girl couldn't make it, after she called I thought to myself I hope at least one of them can come and one friend did make it over. Otherwise it would have been all for naught. Ok, I guess it counts that my hubby was soo surprised and pleased to come home to a decluttered front room.

Followers