Monday, January 12, 2009

From Afar


I am not sure how I came across this women's blog so many months ago, all I know is her story and her journey have captivated me. As I have read her many posts about her beloved Christian I have smiled, wept and gone into my children's room late in the night for an extra kiss.
It was only this past summer that her son, Christian, a 3 year old boy passed away. It was sudden and from what I can gather an accident.
In her very intimate and emotion filled posts one can sense the grief this women and her family are experiencing. Along with that you get a glimpse of a true women of faith and perseverance. Her mind is completely drawn towards heaven and the fact that she will one day be there to hold her precious child.
I have never commented on her posts, only read and admired from afar. It's hard to know what to write to someone who is grieving over a loss that seems incomparable. Through this women's journey I have been challenged in how I would handle a similar situation, even how I handle everyday life stresses and I am humbled. She is walking with grace, joy, pain and hope. She is going to make it, her family will survive this and her story will make us all realize what truly is important.

8 comments:

Bijoux said...

I think yesterday was 'DeLurker Day.' It would be a great idea to comment and let her know how you've been touched by her blog.

JodyJ said...

Cocotte- I completely forgot that it was 'delurker day' yesturday, you know how it is when your busy, right?? :O)
Maybe it's time to come out of the shadows and introduce myself.

WAUGDAI said...

I agree! It's always great to hear from those who read the blogs...

flutterby said...

I'm sure your comment would be a blessing to her.

So, is there actually an official Delurker Day? I've heard about this day but actually never really KNOWN what day it is. Do tell.

Bijoux said...

I only heard about Delurker Day because Trueself posted it in her blog. I think 4 people came clean in the comments section.

We should all just do a random Delurker day post and see how many people we can get to comment.

WAUGDAI said...

...write something new... tee hee.

JodyJ said...

waugdai- Oh your soooo funny!! I know I will wait 6 months, like someone else I know, then I will write. P.S I tried to leave a message on your new blog, I don't know if it worked.

WAUGDAI said...

Yeppers... it worked. I'm still learning the new dealo - you're 'approved now' --> to leave coments at will. ;-)

Hey, I'm getting better.. hello, two posts in a month. I'm working on one for tomorrow...stay tuned. tee hee.

I'm thinking of starting a randam rant page...haha

Followers