Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Rootbeer floats/Power outages/Blizzard of 2010

Noah came home from school and said he wanted to make rootbeer floats for dessert tonight. So being the good mommy I am I bought the delicious ingredients and we went at if after Shabbat supper on Friday night.



Too bad daddy was working because they were foamy and delicious. I even spooned some of the foam and gave it to Samara. I suppose the fact that she clapped and kept opening her mouth for more indicated she too enjoyed the frothy goodness.



This brought back memories for me of being a kid and making these yummy floats. It was nice to share it with my kids.



It started on Friday night and didn't stop until Monday afternoon. The blizzard of 2010 hit and hit hard. Due to the gusting winds and cold temps my kids were pretty much trapped in the house for 3 days. They were going crazy and taking me along for the ride. Saturday night I decided enough is enough, we were going to McD's playland for a treat and to burn off all the energy.
Because of the weather we were the only ones in the restaurant. The kids were having a great time until the lights in the city went out. I was a bit nervous being in the restaurant alone with the kids, thank goodness I had my cell phone, I used it for light so we could gather our things and leave.
Well when the power goes out, out goes the furnace. It was chilly when we got home. Jay had candles going and blankets ready. Thankfully it only lasted about an hour. Unfortunately it happened again the next night.
As you can imagine will all the snow came tons of shoveling and snow fort building.



Can you believe we were grilling a few weeks ago, barely any snow. I was taking the baby out for walks in a sweater. Today I can barely open my door without snow drifts filling my boots. The kids are loving it though, and if it gets them outside and playing I suppose I can't help but love it too!

6 comments:

Bijoux said...

That is some crazy weather you and Flutter are going through. I hope it's not headed south!

My kids love root beer floats. I don't care for ice cream, but I do think that they smell good. I found a 'root beer float' Yankee candle one time! I was so excited!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

love the blog look. super cute.

blizzards are as fun as you make em. looks like you guys had a ton of fun!

JodyJ said...

Cocotte- I once found root beer float lip gloss... YUM!!

Heidi Jo- thanks girl I am kind of digging it also. Yes all the snow is fun we just need the temps to rise above -30 so we can really enjoy the powdery goodness.

Jennifer Kindle said...

love the "frothy goodness" part....great writing, girl. What's up with the move??? or have I missed that updated info?

JodyJ said...

Jen- We are still in limbo as to where we are going to be. My husband is trying to buy a pharmacy in a hospital and it is DRAGGING big time.... so the home reno's are keeping me busy!

flutterby said...

*said in a Homer Simpson voice*

Root beer floats. mmmmmm.

Sounds delish.

Followers