Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Strong Genes

I remember being a little girl in my parents' hometown. Wherever my brother or I went most people would come up to us and say, "Oh, you're Davey and Diane's kids!" Now this was a fairly small town where everybody was "in each other's business" and almost all were related somehow. When I look at pictures of my folks as teenagers and young adults I can see similarities between them and my brother and I.
The other day my parents had my two boys at Walmart in the Pharmacy section. A student Pharmacist, who my parents and children had never met prior, came up to my folks and asked if the kids were "J's kids". (FYI- my hubby is a student in pharmacy with this person.) When Mom and Dad told us what had happened I couldn't believe it.... are their genes that strong???? Must be. Hopefully one day some of MY genes might surface in them!
Years ago in Calgary I had to take my oldest son to the doctor. She asked me if I was his mommy, and I said yes. She then went on to point out how different we were in looks.... thanx a lot lady! I decided from that point on to refer to myself as the white nanny. It seems to make more sense to people. :)

1 comment:

WAUGDAI said...

I'm no educated one... but I'm ah pretty sure there's more to genes then mere appearance markings!

;-) It's been a while, and far between, but thanks for stopping by... I was almost certain no one did/does.

Followers