Wednesday, March 05, 2008

I have been going to a mom's group once a week that I feel in some ways has been my saving grace. I look forward to our meeting throughout the whole week. It's an excuse to once a week get dressed up, if we so choose, our kids are well taken care of by some lovely people and we are served a wonderful breakfast. As we come together around our table we have all catch up on our week, we laugh, sometimes cry, but most of all we relax.
I am challenged by the many speakers that come. They talk on so many topics, but this past week was really inspiring. Her name is Marilynn and she has travelled the globe as a missionary. She related some very touching, funny stories to us, all with the theme of extravgant giving.
It's so easy, with our lives being so busy, to forget how to be generous. To be conscious of others needs, the world's needs. Keeping up with the Jones', having your house be a masterpiece, our wardrobes filled with the latest fashions. I'm guilty.

1 comment:

flutterby said...

WOW. Eye-opening video, Jody. Thanks for sharing.

Followers