Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Passover-Messianic Style



Passover is just around the corner again, a few days to be exact, and I am scrambling trying to get everything needed for our Seder supper. Living in the small village that I live in these supplies are short in demand. I can't find lamb anywhere and you know I was at the local grocery store a few weeks ago and I saw some pre-packaged lamb kabobs, I knew I should have picked them up, but thinking that more will be available closer to our time I waited....BIG MISTAKE!!
Since my family has only recently started to participate in the Biblical Feasts, I still feel so new to all this and I am constantly referencing the Bible and online resources on how to observe correctly and what each symbol means in relation to Yeshua (Jesus). It has been a steep learning curve to say the least and when we teach our children regarding these feasts I simplify as much as I can so it makes sense to them, and me as well. :O)
This year will be a little different because we will be celebrating alone as a family. In previous years we have either been with my folks and extended family or with good friends who have been observing Passover for years, so we could just sit back, relax and enjoy the meal. This year it's all on us plus we have my mother in law here who has never participated in Passover so it should be interesting. I am sure she will have a lot of questions.
Regardless of all these challenges I am looking forward to a quiet time with our family. A time of reflection and giving thanks to God. Yeshua (Jesus) is our passover lamb and that is what we will be reflecting on and being thankful for.

5 comments:

Bijoux said...

Husband and College Daughter participated in a Seder meal at our previous church and enjoyed it very much. I've wanted to go to one at our current church, but they didn't do it this year:(

It's frustrating when you can't find the items you need (esp. being so pregnant!). I hope you have a peaceful meal with your family. He is risen!

flutterby said...

Your presence will be missed, JJ. Somber and grateful thoughts have been on my mind as I think about our last Passover... love you sis.

Sending you a big hug. <3

JodyJ said...

Cocotte- thanks for the kind words Cocotte, happily I found someone here who sells lamb so she is being extra kind and bringing some over to my house tomorrow.

Flutter- I can't help but think of last year also, and I am so grateful that we are in a different place this year. Have a wonderful, happy, peaceful passover this year at mom and dad's. Love you TOO!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, I've always wanted to have a more 'traditional' meal for Easter but I think lamb is a bit too cute for Queenie to want to eat.

Have a wonderful time with your family this weekend.

Jennifer Kindle said...

I can't wait to hear more about the meal...we've never done that but it sounds like a great idea I might have to incorporate next year.

The crocheted headbands...here's the link. Sorry it took me so long.
http://www.fiveblessedbows.com/CartBowBands.htm

Hope you're feeling well.

Followers