Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Copy Cat, again.

I admit I am low on brain power at the moment due to lack of sleep so I happened upon this post by a lovely fellow blogger Cocotte. I enjoy these little ditty's so here is my attempt at it.

1) Did you date someone from your high school?
Aside from many crushes, and WANTING to date certain guys from my high school, I only dated one. His name was Mike and he was in grade 11 when I was in grade 9. He had somewhat of a reputation as a player but I think I was just so flattered that he was interested in me, a lowly 9th grader, that I ignored the rumours. Needless to say he succumbed to temptation and kissed another girl while I was a youth group on Friday night. We were doomed from the start LOL

2)Did you marry someone from your high school?
No.

3) Did you carpool to school?
I did for a while with my friend who lived one house down, I even paid for gas, but I got the hint she didn't want to do it anymore when she wouldn't answer the phone in the morning to arrange our ride and then I'd see her drive right past me pretending not to see me.

4) What kind of car did you have?
I never owned a car in high school, but my first car was a 1980 something two tone brown Topaz. This car was horrid and I was embarrassed to be seen in it.

5) What kind of car do you have now?
I have a 1996 charcoal Ford Freestar. I am thinking of going to a SUV, but once you have a van I think it's hard to really consider anything else, especially with kids. My husband always says a van is like a living room on wheels. You have so much more room.

6)It's Friday night, where were you then?
I could be found at our church youth group. I went for years and loved every minute of it.

7) It's Friday night, where are you now?
Friday night is Shabbat so we are together as a family, having a nice meal and then usually a movie/treat party night with the kids. They get into their pj's, blankets and stuffed animals are strewn all over the living room and we have trays of treats and fruit that we allow the kids to eat in the living room. It's a lot of fun.

8) What kind of job did you have in high school?
I worked in the market gardens in our town, and a grocery store while in high school.

9) What kind of job do you have now?
I think this pretty much sums it up....


10) Were you a party animal?
I never hung with the party animals at high school, but I had a great group of friends from our youth group. We had get togethers every weekend. Bonfires, eating out, movies, going out to our friends cabin for the weekend. Good, clean fun.

11)Were you considered a flirt?
Sadly yes. I loved to flirt, and so did all my girlfriends. When my now husband expressed interest in me he was warned about me...of course once we starters dating I stopped all flirting. :O)

12) Were you in band?
Oh yeah! The main reason I joined was because it was an easy credit and all the band trips. I played clarinet.

13)When did you graduate?
1993

14)Do you still talk to friends from high school?
I Have been able to re-connect with some over facebook, but most I don't talk to anymore. Kind of sad because I have fond memories of these friends.

4 comments:

flutterby said...

Mike didn't know what he was missin'!! I also dated a serial OtherPersonKisser. Only I managed to hit that bump twice before I got smart. Silly girl.

I'm curious as to what all this "Good, Clean Fun" entailed, missy! :) I kid... I know we were all Good compared to many of the kids we could have chosen to hang with. Nuff said!

Hey! Are you still able to play clarinet? Just curious. I never got to do band, except for church stuff.

flutterby said...

Glad to see you back in blog-land, BTW!

Bijoux said...

I didn't expect to see you back so soon - how are you feeling?

Glad I gave you something to steal....but hey, you cut out the last 10 questions?

JodyJ said...

Flutter- I probably could belt out a tune or two on the ole clarinet. I did play for my whole high school experience ya know! :O)

Cocotte- I'm feeling pretty good actually. The baby is nursing every 3 hours so I'm thrilled!
I didn't have enough time to complete all the questions so I picked my fav's.

Followers