Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Stop! Slide.... BANG!!

" I don't want you going out today Jody, it's been snowing all day and it's icy", stated my dear husband. I would have heeded his advice except the unthinkable happened, we ran out of milk. Maybe for most families that's no biggie, at our household it's something we avoid like the plague.
Our children's mood barometer is set by their first milk of the day, and it MUST be chocolate milk. They follow me into the kitchen, wait while I stir in the Quickie, grab a vitamin each and then head for their child sized 'laz-e-boy' chairs to watch whatever they fancy. I know it sounds incredibly indulgent,but it works for us. Who are you to judge? :)
Anyway as I was saying we ran out of milk so I decided to run to the Co-op to grab a few things. On my way home I noticed a car pretty much climbing up my rear, don't mean to be crude, when I reached the stop sign and stopped he plowed right into my car. No damage, and nobody was hurt. I was irritated and after I wrote down his digits and info. I told him he was too close and that's why when he slid he ran right into me. "Sorry ma'am." yeah! Whatever!
Anyway that's my story for the day.
Cheers!

2 comments:

WAUGDAI said...

oh wow, so glad you are all safe and well. I laugh at Jay's protectiveness, however, you gotta love it and perhaps take some heed to it now..haha. Be well friend.

flutterby said...

I think I would've got into my car and backed into him! For calling me, Ma'am, that is!

"Do I LOOK like a Ma'am to you, buster?!?!"

Not that I'm sensitive about having just turned 30 or anything. Cause I'm not. :)

Really, though... I'm so glad no one was hurt (including your car -- cause we all need an insurance bill like a hole in the head), too bad about Jay being right, though. That sucks when that happens. Their big heads just don't know when to deflate. heh.

Hope the rest of your day goes immeasurably better than your morning. Make yourself a cup of coffee, cuddle your kiddos and be glad you don't have to clean out a closet!

Followers