Sunday, December 11, 2005

Leisure Heaven!

So this is to all the mommies and career women everywhere. I have been wanting to write about this for some time but I felt weightier matters needed to be put forth first given the season and all. But I am done ranting and raving about x-mas, some of you will be relieved I'm sure!, anyway here's what has been on my mind.
You all know how Opera has a list of favorite things, well I have one favorite I think every female should own. Whether it be brand name or the Wal-Mart special I believe it is a must for the wardrobe. Two words here, Leisure Suit. My husband coined the name 'Leisure Suit.' In other words it's a pair of 'fancy-okay no holes in them- sweats.' I know it sounds simple and a little foolish, and your probably thinking I am making too much of this, but I am telling you it has changed my life.
example: It's 7am and I hear a child crying, I crawl out of bed, grab my leisure suit and start the day. Say at 9am the post man comes with a parcel, I don't have to worry about the fact that I don't have a bra on, or that it may be a little' breezy' outside. The leisure suit can be worn outside, inside and it's soooo comfy.
Love yourself, do yourself a favor and invest in one. Mine is the walmart special made of fleece, very nice for winter.
Let me know what you think??
Cheers!
P.S Even though my husband teases me about my beloved suit, he has asked me to get him one!

2 comments:

flutterby said...

OK, has my Culligan Man been telling you stories? heh.

Really, this is something I've been trying to do... get dressed before noon, I mean. I might just have to splurge and get myself a whole outfit, though. You will be my inspiration.

Funny story, this.

My friend is the mother of 4 busy kids and like many SAHMoms is often caught in her jammies later than she'd like to be. Well, ever since they'd moved to their new home they signed up for milk delivery. The guy came at 9:30am a couple times a week, and T. says that it never failed that she'd be in her nightdress and housecoat, hair braided and bangs sticking out every which way -- each and every time he made his delivery.

One day the whole family is out shopping for groceries at the Co-op. Well, who walks by but the milkman. He does a double take at T. as she's looking very nicely done up and blurts out "T! I almost didn't recognize you with your clothes on!!"

Her husband soon started buying their milk at the grocery store.

WAUGDAI said...

Hey Jod.. thanks girl for the note. I agree with your "Lesuire Suit" concept. Gotta gets me one of them.. haha. Love ya.

Followers