Sunday, December 04, 2005

All Those Pretty Lights....

Well it's that time of year again. As I drive through my neighborhood and gaze upon the decorated houses I feel nostalgic. I remember being five and my brother and I being carted off to Grandma's house, the car weighed down with gifts for all my family. I would eat Turtles, potato chips and drink Ginger Ale until I felt sick to my stomach. I loved turning all the lights off and staring at the Tree. All those pretty lights. I still miss Christmas.
It has been three years now that I haven't celebrated this holiday. Every year it is getting easier. I think of my children, two little boys who have never celebrated this holiday, and I am so thankful. I'm thankful for the fact that my children will see biblical evidence for the feasts that we celebrate.
So when I see all those pretty lights I feel nostalgic, but I also feel determined. Determined to stay on the path the Lord has directed us to. To stay faithful to His Word and His Commands.
Shalom~

2 comments:

WAUGDAI said...

Jod, You have always been a woman of sincere pursuit after God's heart. I love your strength and willingness to sacrifice for what you believe in. May you be blessed deeply for your pursuit after His heart and truth. I love ya girlfriend.

flutterby said...

Leeks and cucumbers, girlie!

Be blessed as your celebration of Chanukkah draws to a close! You guys will get to do it again when we come to visit next month! Now, TWO Chanukkah's?... that's cool.

I'll bring the Turtle-flavored latkes. Hee hee!

Followers