Thursday, June 04, 2009

Life has been busy, so busy blogging has been left on the back burner so to speak. But I have some moments right now as my little baby is sleeping to have some 'me' time on the computer.
I can't believe summer is finally here. Most of my days and nights are spent in the yard watering our new grass, which looks great if I do say so myself! I have been making countless trips to the local nurseries to pick out flowers, pots, little gizmo's for the garden etc. Yes, I love summer!!
We are heading out on an early summer vacation in the next little while. My darling husband keeps reminding me that he needs to get away for a while so we will be packing up and road tripping it in a few days.
There are some wonderful spots in the Canadian Rockies that we want to explore and the place we are staying is kid friendly, equipped with a heated pool and hot tubs! I have to say I am little nervous, our daughter is only 8 weeks and the thought of being stuck in a van for 7 hours is a LITTLE terrifying! :O)
A good friend of mine, WAUGDAI, came through town the other day to drop off her baby gift to me. WOW! What a surprise, she had it handmade and it's beautiful! I have the hippest/coolest diaper bag ever, it's black and funky and completely reversable. Best thing is it doesn't look like a diaper bag! And to top things off she had a gorgeous baby sling made for me, it looks like this, except for the color!
I am going to watch the video's on how to use this sling, I will post some pics of me with my baby once we get the hang of it!
Well speaking of baby, she is bellowing for me... gotta run!

3 comments:

Bijoux said...

Yes, 7 hours does sound bad, but it will be wonderful once you get there. And the black, funky, doesn't-look-like-a-diaper-bag sounds wonderful.

WAUGDAI said...

It was good to see you friend, though - way too short! I'm so happy you like it!! (sigh) We are back and I can't tell you how exhausted I am!!! We'll talk upon your return, I'm getting anxious to spend more time with you's.

flutterby said...

I know that you guys are veteran travellers and that things will go well! Be flexible and plan lots of stops. Bring a soccer ball or those awesome (and terrifying in their own right) boomerangs and plan to make a couple park stops and let the boys run off some steam while baby nurses. You know the drill!!

Can't wait to see your yard once your flowers are in... it looked wonderful already.

<3

Followers