Thursday, June 18, 2009

Boys will be boys...

They had been sitting in the house most of the day, glued to the T.V. Rain was the excuse of the day as to why they couldn't go outside and play. I went along with their reasoning, for a while, but the onslaught of " He kicked me!" , " I didn't mean to hit him, my fist accidentally connected with his face." I couldn't take it any longer so I gave them a choice either get your tiny butts outside or go lay on your beds in total silence. To my shock and disbelief (not really) they opted to go outside. Finally some peace and quiet, a good time to check my email/facebook etc...
A few minutes turned into about 20 minutes, no one had come in complaining of being teased or physically harmed so I thought I should go check on them. This is what I found...



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of creation's wonders!

The wonder of water, it never grows old .....

JodyJ said...

Xavier- kids to water is like pigs to mud... they just HAVE to!

Bijoux said...

I'd be more aggravated by the dirty clothes than the fighting - but that's just me!

JodyJ said...

I was about to loose my top about the mud and water that would soon coat their clothes, but as my husband always tells me, "just wash the clothes, let them be boys" -but I hear you Coccotte!

flutterby said...

Great pics. If you want MUD... just come by our yard. *shudder* Good old gumbo clay mud.

Grass and landscaping cannot come fast enough!

Anonymous said...

Mom would hate when we played in the mud, Dad would just get out the hose and wait for us to get done. Man, that hose-water was cold!

WAUGDAI said...

This is so great!!! Kids being kids! However, this 'big' kid would've totally been out there with them!! ;-)

Sara Z. said...

I love it! Kinda the same thing happened to me today. Left 2 of the boys outside playing while I made supper...I went out to see what they were laughing sooo hard at and found that they had taken water from the swimming pool and were playing in the huge mudpit they had made in the sandbox...All I could do was stand there and laugh...then make them strip in the yard and hose them off before I let them back in the house!

Bijoux said...

Come back Jody!

JodyJ said...

cocotte- I find it so hard to blog lately.. I honestly don't know what is eating up all my time or creativity....I need to shake these blah's away. Thanks for the gentle push you always give!!

Bijoux said...

YEAH!

Followers