Friday, June 05, 2009

You are cordially invited to a dream....


We were in a rush, a whole group of us, in a foreign city with windy roads and speeding cars. I was hastily packing my bag overwhelmed at how much I still needed to find room for. As I looked around the room I shared with the girls I was travelling with I realized from their tidy luggage that I had better pick up speed as to not miss our plane.
I decided to drive to the airport with one of the girls that I didn't get along with all that well. We were driving down a fast moving highway and I was lost in thought. Having been rushed to pack I remembered that I still hadn't applied any make up so I dug out my make up bag, pulled open the passenger mirror that lit up and started to apply foundation.
The girl driving told me it was really distracting her, and it was at that moment I realized how nervous she really was driving on this windy, unfamiliar road. We had semi's on all sides and she was picking up speed to pass them, I think.
I quickly apologised and put the make up away. It was at that moment we were approaching a bridge, she was driving so fast, she didn't turn the wheel enough and we ended up hitting the guard rail head on.
From that moment everything went into slow motion. I saw pieces of the car breaking off and flying through the air, and I remember thinking to myself what is my family going to do without me.
~end of dream~

I woke up disturbed and when I think about it I shiver a bit inside. Strange dream.

2 comments:

Bijoux said...

That's awful! I think you are stressed out about your upcoming trip. I'm sorry! I really hope you are able to relax and have a good time.

flutterby said...

I hate waking up with that lingering feeling from a dream.

Hope your day is going better. You didn't happen to eat spicy food before bed, did you?? :D

Sending you a hug.

Followers