Saturday, May 23, 2009

Dreams do come true


I have waited a long time for this. I have endured endless amounts of dirt in the house, all over my white carpet. Yes, it's been a nightmare from day one. Days filled with getting down on my hands and knees and scrubbing our dog each and every time she went outside and wanted back in covered in dirt. I can't say I am going to miss it, in fact I almost did a happy dance when we laid our sod last night.
As each roll was laid, and the dirt slowly started disappearing I started to get a bit giddy with relief. My darling husband broke his back last night trying to get it completed before our weekend started and he succeeded. Have I mentioned there is nothing more sexy then a man laying sod??
This morning, once hubby crawls outta bed, I plan to sit with him on our new deck, enjoying some weak coffee, and looking out on our new green playing field. Life is good today!

4 comments:

Bijoux said...

I agree - such a relief to have a huge project like that completed. Enjoy!

flutterby said...

Lucky us to get to see your finished work tomorrow. Although I have to admit that I'm much more excited to see that gorgeous niece of ours. See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Wait, flutterby was invited and I wasn't? What gives? :-)

Enjoy your new 'carpet' ...

Bijoux said...

Miss you, girlfriend!

Followers