Thursday, July 09, 2009

I borrowed this idea from a fellow blog.

The view from where I sit: The baby is laying on the couch looking at the throw pillow and passing gas. Yup, life with a baby. She is 3 months now, and so beautiful, she has brought so much love and joy into our house. Leaning against the wall is my new, bright red Kenmore vacuum reminding me I have some cleaning to do, I'll just glance the other way for now.

Outside my window are dark grey clouds and branches swaying in the wind. Our city is SO windy it really makes summertime unpleasant. People are getting home from work now, I wish my husband were home already he's always later then he says he will be...


I am thinking about how I wish the baby would stop fussing and go to sleep already. I should get supper underway, I shouldn't have had a few nacho chips as I am trying to eat better. I am thinking about the fact that I probably won't get this post done until tonight when the house is quiet.

I am thankful for my health, family, provision and second chances.

We are learning about how we ALL must contribute to make the house run. The boys are learning to unload the dishwasher, freshen up the bathroom, take care of a little sister and to do it with a happy heart. I am still learning that one some days.

I am creating a flower garden. We have been landscaping our yard, still a long way to go, but the journey has been fun.

I am reading nothing at the moment, but I would like to start a chapter book with the kids again this summer. Last summer we read Charlotte's Web and The Wizard of Oz, we had a great time so we will be heading to the library soon.

I am hoping we can figure out where we want to live and how to make it happen.

I am hearing SILENCE!!! SSSsshhhhh the baby FINALLY settled herself down!

Around the house, that is a whole other story. I really want to be that woman who has her house organized and tidy. HELP ME GET THERE!!!!

One of my favorite things is Tim Horton's Iced Cappuccino's. I would have one, or more, daily if they weren't like 1000 calories each...

A few plans for the rest of the week are boating and a BBQ on Saturday, cleaning the house, cutting the grass, making it to the gym.... same old, same old.

A picture I am sharing:

My 3 month old daughter and I... I love her so much!

6 comments:

Bijoux said...

You two are beautiful. Glad you are here, Jody :)

JodyJ said...

Cocotte- thank you for your kind words...

Jennifer Kindle said...

i haven't been able to keep up with your blog much lately but happy anniversary and that little doll is so scrumptious I could just eat her lips up....she's so pretty.

JodyJ said...

Jennifer: No problem, summer is really busy around here too and blogging has sort of gone on the back burner for me. It's nice to hear from you again, have a great,safe summer and enjoy those little darlings of yours!!!!

WAUGDAI said...

Fab picture Jod!

flutterby said...

Lovely pic, JJ. You look tanned and summery. Somehow I have managed to keep a pale winter white shimmer... blech. You must be getting more sun than us! :)

Followers