Friday, November 27, 2009

"Poor people with low morals... but no offense."


I am trying not to let the angry Momma bear come out, I am trying to remain objective and level headed... I'm trying. Here's what happened...
My son has finally made a friend with a boy who lives not too far from our house. This little boy has been to our home, our son has been there and I never noticed anything out of the ordinary.
The other day my son came home from his friend's house and admitted to breaking a few beer bottles at their house. He said his friend said that there was gold at the bottom of the bottle so they went ahead and smashed the bottles. Well we gave him an ear full, told him about making good choices, etc, etc...
We ended up calling the other family to assess the damage and were informed that it was a 18 pak of unopened beer bottles. The boys were smashing them against the side of the house..... all 18 beer!!
The mother of this boy went on to say how her son is attracted to kids from poor families where there are poor morals. She said he likes to be around wild kids, but no offense. I think I have just been insulted on a few levels here.... yes I am offended!!
Anyway my husband tried to keep me on track, keep me focused on the fact that our son needs to take responsibility for his actions, so we headed to the liquor store for a gift certificate, and then to his friends house to issue an apology. My little guy did great, looked the adults in the eye and apologised for destroying someone else's property and for the extra work he caused when they had to clean it up. He handed over the booze card and we left.
Not bad for a boy from a poor family with low morals....

5 comments:

Jennifer Kindle said...

I'm thinking that momma is CRAZY and isn't smart enought to poor pee out of a boot with directions on the heel!!!! By the way...your comment showed up in my email about "the girls hanging with you!" Loved it....also...I'm gathering my thoughts on the "boys will be boys" so I can post about that for you. May take me a week but I will do it.

JodyJ said...

Hey Jen- love the whole pee in the boot remark... I've never heard it but will for sure tell it, giving props to you of course!!
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the little men in our lives!

flutterby said...

Un. Real.

Glad to know that she is such a vigilant, upright person that she supervises her children and their visitors so well. And keeps her volumes of alcohol in a discreet and safe place.

...just saying.

Yeesh.

Bijoux said...

Un.Freakin.Believable!

Sounds to me like that kid has done this kind of thing before. And where the heck was SHE when beer bottles were being smashed? I think if I was home, I'd have heard something like that!!!? Just the fact that YOU were the one who had to call her about what happened at HER house kind of says it all!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

that is alcohol abuse.

do not know how i would have responsed to that....

where were the boys for so long that they had the opportunity to break 18 beers without nary an adult to hear them? might be a place to avoid.

Followers