Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Jacob


Today my littlest man is 6 years old. It's hard to believe it's been 6 years already. When I look at Jacob I now know what sweetness looks like in the flesh. My little boy, who really isn't so little anymore, has a heart that loves and accepts people just as they are. He loves doing things for the people he loves. If daddy has a headache Jacob gets a cold cloth and turns all the lights off so daddy will feel better. When I was pregnant with Samara he would massage my back and help me put my socks and shoes on. He offers to change Samara's diaper and does all he can to make her laugh. His older brother means the world to him, even when they fight he is so concerned that Noah and him make peace before bed and he drinks in any affection his brother will throw his way.He is a sensitive boy who thinks deep thoughts and has lots of questions about this world and why things happen.
Jacob loves with his whole heart and because he loves like this he also gets hurt very easily. He is a shy boy until you get to know him then his crazy, wacky, loving personality shines and he is a people magnet. This is a little boy who enjoys being silly and making people laugh. He strives for peace in a sometime chaotic house. His laughter fills our house on a daily basis, he is quick to forgive, quick to give hugs and kisses and always ready to tell you he loves you. This little boy stole my heart 6 years ago and he is treasured beyond words.
My biggest wish for him is that he continues to be his sweet little self. That the tenderness that is in his heart towards his family, friends and God will grow and mature. I also pray for wisdom for him as he navigates his way through this world, that he would be protected, guided and inspired to reach his full potential.
I love my Jacob. Happy Birthday to the sweetest 6 year old I know!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful portrayal of our boy! He is a special guy and we are privileged to have him in our lives.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
flutterby said...

I hope that Jakey had a great day. He is such a sweet lil character. Give him a hug for us!

Jennifer Kindle said...

love it...my Brett will be 6 in March...what a sweet, tender age.

Bijoux said...

I love what you wrote. My son is 15 today and he will always be my sweet, little boy.

Followers