Friday, November 13, 2009

I couldn't help myself


About a week ago my son came home from school to inform me his bike was taken. He had forgotten to lock it up so some hoodlum nabbed it.
Yesterday he came home to tell me he saw his bike at school at lunch recess and when he went to bring it home after school was out that it was gone, again. Well now I am on the look out, I thought maybe today I would head to his school at lunch and bring his bike home, I didn't want my 7 year old to have to tangle with a kid much older then him. So my plan was set and ready to go.
I was on my way to see the doc yesterday after I had spoken to my son about his bike. As I am driving away I notice a bunch of bikes laying on the front lawn of an apartment building. I notice a bike that looks like my sons, so I pull a fast u-turn and get out and look at the bike, sure enough it's Noah's bike. So I grab the bike, haul it to my mini van, throw it in the back and take off.
What a rush!!!! I mean honestly what was I supposed to do??

4 comments:

Bijoux said...

I would have done the same thing! But it would have been my luck to have a cop car pull up and ask me why I was stealing a bike! It's a shame that we are made to feel like criminals sometimes.

JodyJ said...

Cocotte- I hear you, my husband informed the cops what I did and why. They said I sure hope you know without a shadow of a doubt that it is your sons bike. I know my kids bike and it's our bike so I don't feel bad in least taking OUR property back.... I'm sticking it to the man :O)

Jennifer Kindle said...

how sad you even have to deal with that! It's yours so I don't think it is a big deal but I bet you had a knot in your stomach and were speeding away fast!!!

flutterby said...

Oh my gosh!!!! You gangsta, you!!!

That story rocks. Good for you, JJ... don't mess with mama bears. Specially of the Gangsta variety. :D

I can't wait till D gets home to tell him this story. I'm sure he'll call you to congratulate! tee hee.

Followers