Friday, July 10, 2009

The Heart of Marriage is Memories - Bill Cosby


July 10,2009 our 10 year wedding anniversary. I can be fairly nostalgic when it comes to momentous occasions in my life. I always look back and ask myself what I was doing at this exact time on that specific date. In keeping with that tradition I looked back on the July 10th, 1999 and here are my memories.
I remember waking up, smiling, knowing that today was my wedding day. I then recalled what had happened the night before when my ladies informed me that we were having a murder mystery party. I was told to dress as my character for the mystery party which was a loose gal with lots of makeup and a short skirt. I complied, a little nervous wondering why I was the only one getting into character, being assured they would all change once we arrived at my friends I went along. I should have known better, my closest gal pals then took me to Earl's ( a hip bar) they taped a sign to my back announcing I was a bride to be and paraded me around the bar. (Ah.. good memories)
I remember being at the hair dressers and holding back the tears as she turned me around to see my reflection in the mirror, after that moment passed one of horror replaced it as I realized I had worn a tighter, pull over your head t-shirt. Thank goodness for my wonderful maid of honor who contorted that shirt every which way to fit over my fancy do'... thanks Tanya!
Upon arriving at the church my soon to be mother-in law informed me that the ring bearer's tux didn't fit ( leave it to my hubby not to have all his guys try things on a day before the wedding-PUNCH) So as we waited for the Best man to race back to the church with a proper tux for the ring bearer all I could focus on was seeing my man-Jay.
When those doors swung open and we finally made eye contact I saw a look come across his face that I hadn't seen before, and since that time have only seen 3 times after. It was a look of deep emotion, appreciation and LOVE. It is the same look I've seen at the birth of our children. It's a look I will never forget.
After exchanging vows, promising to love each other through the good and bad. We were finally man and wife.
So these are my memories of this day, our special day. These are the thoughts I reflect on when our Anniversary comes along every year. These are the memories I will carry and reflect upon on all our years to come.


I dedicate this song to my loving husband on our 10 year Anniversary:

7 comments:

Bijoux said...

Oh my! Could your sons look anymore like their dad?? Happy Anniversary to you on this special anniversary. May God continue to bless you and your family.

JodyJ said...

Cocotte- thank you for your kind words, and yes our boys are their father's sons thats for sure!!

WAUGDAI said...

Ahh... good times!!! It was an amazing day Jod, totally honored to have been there! ;-) You both continue to inspire me, in your marriage and as individuals! Love ya to bits!

argunbdg said...

Hey Jody, this is nice post... i like you blog, thank's :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary!

flutterby said...

*gosh* Happy belated Anniversary, hon. Sorry I missed it... I'm such a doofus. My apologies.

(FYI, applying the correct amount of guilt probably will get you a free Sangria when I see you next! -- what? Isn't the 10th Anniversary the wine and boozey fruit anniversary???)

:D

Happy 10th Anniversary. Love you guys!

JodyJ said...

waugdai- thanks for the sweet words.. can't wait to spend some time with you in August!!

Xavier- thank you!!

Flutter- When are you gonna come my way with the Sangria??? Can't wait to chill with ya girl!

Followers