Wednesday, April 23, 2008

“We cannot create observers by saying "observe," but by giving them the power and the means for this observation and these means are procured through education of the senses” Maria Montessori~




We are saying good-bye to many things due to our move, one of which is Allegro Montessori School. It has been a true learning experience for our family, and we take many precious memories with us.

Our youngest attended for a short time so I feel like I can't comment much on his experience. I do know he enjoyed the teachers, made friends, and became a little more independent.

My oldest attended for almost 3 years and has matured in his academics way beyond his years. He has developed a love for geography, other cultures, math and french just to name a few. The curriculum has been so rich and he has been fulfilled in so many ways.

Some days I don't know who is more sad about leaving them or me. :)




5 comments:

flutterby said...

Hey... everytime I've been by here, you've been sporting a new blog-look! I like this one the best, though. (ocean and beachy-heart) It suits you!

Nice pics of the boys at school. I'm sad about the Kid having his last few weeks at Montessori before "grad", too. It's hard to say goodbye to that experience for your child, isn't it?

JodyJ said...

Do you know it took me hours to learn how to upload a new template....frustration! ANyway I like this template too.
And I agree it is hard to say good bye to such a wonderful way of learning.

WAUGDAI said...

It's like a surprise every visit!!
When do you set sail girl?

JodyJ said...

Hey, I am leaving in a week. You better come up my way for a visit. We will have an actual bed for you and everything.

WAUGDAI said...

K, you're on! A real bed? wow... singing in her head: "I'm a big kid now!"Yeah!

Followers