Thursday, April 24, 2008

Man's Best Friend.

I am longing for the pitter patter of little feet in my home. No, it's not the little feet you are thinking of. I am longing for the pitter patter of four little feet, a puppy.
My husband and I are going back and forth on the subject as to which type of dog we want. He is wanting a pure German Shepherd and the price tag for them is 'purely' ridiculous. He considers the great Shepherd to be the king of all dogs. The supreme in protection, intelligence and courage. Now I can't disagree on those points, I know that it's what their known for, my problem is I want the really pretty dog. My husband says the dog I want is like the ultimate blond chick, hair all wavy, smile on her face at all times. The popular dog. I know I am not being practical, I know this dog would probably lick an intruder as he robbed us. Even as I am writing this I know it sounds ridiculous, but whenever I see my beautiful Golden Retriever I WANT it.(stamping foot)
Oh well the debate will continue, I'm sure I'll lose this one and it's probably for the best.





I guess the shepherd is pretty cute too. :)

4 comments:

WAUGDAI said...

I love shepherds!! However, don't forget they're working dogs by nature... protectors and hunters! Females are always more aggressive too! They're not you're typical family dog pet...

My vote is for a lab! Yep, that'll be the one for this gal. Great with kids, like lots of activity! yah...

Anyways.. good luck on the hunt. Remember to do your research on them! Knowing what you want is key in determining the dog, not picking the cutest looking one. tee hee.

JodyJ said...

good advice and I agree on not buying the cuter dog. I think you know who is bent on the shepherd. How was calgary?

WAUGDAI said...

Calgary the first time was good! It was a really nice, fun, relaxing trip with good stories. I returned - slept a bit, unpacked, did some laundry, cleaned the car, went to work and turned around the next day to go back. (a story in and of itself) I've just gotten back for the second time - exhausted and stories to tell later.

flutterby said...

Is there any news on the puppy front? Will this be happening any time soon? :)

Followers