Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Allegro Montessori Sock Hop

Strobe lights flashing, disco ball turning, ABBA's YMCA booming over the speakers and there I am with my little 4 year old shaking it! My oldest was doing what all the 'older, cooler' kids were doing, beating each other senseless with balloons and running around.
At first I sat with the other moms and we chatted and said how cute it was seeing the parents dancing with their kids. A few minutes later little J came up to me and said he wanted to dance, so I told him to go ahead and dance. "No!", he said, "I want us to dance". My friend started laughing and said, go on. Little J and I found a spot right by the huge, loud speakers and started to dance. He was having a great time and within a few minutes I was too. I was a little conservative at first, not wanting to pull all my moves out at once, but when ABBA came on my drunk girl came out. The funny thing was most of the parents who weren't dancing came on the floor once YMCA started playing. The D.J then played some great dance music afterward, I was really tempted to do my running man move, but the oh so loving words of my husband stopped me. " You are so uncool...don't ever do that in public." Whatever, so I refrained.
Here are some pics of our Sock Hop




1 comment:

flutterby said...

Sounds like a fantastic time!

Uhhhh... does the Running Man ever look cool? You should've just done it anyway! :)

Followers