Sunday, April 20, 2008

Grateful

"Once you begin to acknowledge random acts of kindness - both the ones you have received and the ones you have given - you can no longer believe that what you do does not matter."
- Dawna Markova

At the end of this particular night I was left deflated, exhausted and a little guilt ridden at how the day had gone with my kids. My oldest son came down from his room with a surprise for me hidden behind his back. Flowers! These flowers were the best flowers any mom could get. My little boy thought up the idea by himself, designed the flowers with his two hands and hand delivered them to me with a sheepish smile on his face.
Sometimes God really knows what you need, He knows how to melt the tension, frustration and anger. He knows what will get to you and this time it came from the thoughtfulness of my 6 year old.




 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

flutterby said...

Such a sweet and thoughtful gift. And they are really, really beautiful and creative, too.

Followers