Monday, August 03, 2009

A Book Review


I had no idea this book was being made into a major motion picture when I picked it up at Walmart. I suppose it's a good thing because I am sure I would have watched the movie first and then never have bothered with reading the book, and it's a good read...
The main characters are Henry and Clare and the story focuses on the past, present and future of these two characters. It's a modern day, edgy love story that makes you want the happy ending, but makes you think there may not be one.
I don't want to give it away because as I said it is a good read. Be forewarned the language is a bit on the crude side, and the author throws in a fair amount of F-bombs which I found pretty tasteless and unnecessary. That being said the story in itself is captivating and as I turned the last page I wished it would go on and on....
Here is the trailer for the movie, but do yourself a favor and read the book first....

5 comments:

Bijoux said...

Hi Jody! I read this book a number of years ago and enjoyed it too. Have you ever heard of the Outlander series? They are AWESOME; but very thick, long books about a woman who travels back in time to Scotland in the 1600's.

JodyJ said...

Cocotte- I didn't know this book was around for a few years???
I have never heard of the Outlander series, sounds good, I will check at the local library, thanks!

Bijoux said...

The author is Diana Gabaldon. They are sexually explicit, mostly between married people though. The first one is called "Outlander" and is the best of the series, in my opinion.

Jennifer Kindle said...

Hey girl. Thanks for the comments. I'm glad I have cyber friends out there!!! I ijust woke up from a much needed nap and feel a lot better. Thought I would check my email before church tonight. This morning our sermon was about Elijah and how he was physically, emotionally and spiritually spent.... just needed to rest in the Lord and be quiet and hear the small still voice of the Lord. I know that's me right now....thanks for checking on me. So....is the book really good or just good or just good. Movie looked a little weird to me. Have you read My sister's Keeper? Great one in my opinion. Movie too but I liked the book better.

flutterby said...

I will put this on my reading list. Seeing as how I will be sitting in an empty home for over 25 hours this coming weekend... I should get lots of reading done! :)

Well, I'll see what I can fit in between calling you every 20 mins. "So, what's new with you?"

lol

Followers