Friday, April 28, 2006

Yesterday

Yesterday we took our boys to get their immunization shots. My oldest was up to speed and only needed one, but my little one had to have three. Poor kid. I have really debated whether immunization is justified, I have only really ever read all the conspiracy theories online . But my husband is completely for immunization and has talked with me in great detail why it's important and the responsible thing to do. One reason that made me want to do this also is that I heard on the news the other night that MUMPS has broken out in middle America. I wonder if that's because some won't immunize?
I know that there are stories about kids actually breaking out in the disease upon getting immunized, but those are few and far between. I wish we could see the other side of the coin, that being what immunization has prevented in a life of a child.
To me the risk of a 1 % reaction versus a terrible disease like mumps, meningitis and so on being inflicted onto your kids is well worth it.
Anyway they both did well, the younger brother better the the older brother. So vaccinate! :)

2 comments:

flutterby said...

Glad the boys weathered it all OK. It was a good reminder to get N. up to date -- the poor boy will need an armfull I think.

: (

WAUGDAI said...

Hey Girl... wow.. vacinations.. ieee... still cringe at just the word! Good for you for taking them in!

Followers