Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Doctor's Orders

Usually at this time of the day I am sitting back with a cup of heavily creamed coffee, putting up my feet and relaxing until the baby wakes up. This is a part of the day I look forward to the most, dog is lightly snoring in his crate, all is silent. The only sound I hear is the incessant hammering and jigsawing coming from the soon to be built house next door.
You know I was told about 3 months ago that this house would be up in a few weeks and all the NOISE would end, yeah right!!! Anyway that is another topic, back to coffee.
I have finally admitted I have a problem with coffee creamer. I am sure I have added a "few" extra pounds to my weight with creamer along. So I had a idea, reduce the cream, that seemed simple enough. Why is it that coffee without incredible amounts of sugar and other edible oil additives tastes like burnt dirt? I can't do it, I NEED all that hydrogenated goodness so I can enjoy my afternoon alone mommy time and it goes without saying an addict, going cold turkey, has withdrawal and I hate that dang headache.
So after watching Dr.Oz one afternoon he talked about tea and all the health benefits, and I thought, OK I'll give it a try. I have been drinking it for about a week now and I actually enjoy it. I was drinking green tea for the first while and I never got the headache, yahoo!!
So with my new found love for tea I am hoping the extra pounds I have poured on will soon melt away.... Ah if only it were that easy.

4 comments:

Bijoux said...

Is it the really good flavored creamers?? LOL! That is some addictive stuff, you are right. I've tried the green tea and hated it. I can semi-enjoy the chai tea, but with lots of sugar.

My real addiction is General Foods International Coffee - Cafe Francais to be specific. I try to limit myself to 2 cups/day, but it is difficult. I do love the quiet time of the day.....just me, coffee and a good book!

JodyJ said...

I hear you Cocotte, nothing seems as relaxing then being curled up on the couch, with a book, blanket and a hot cup of Java.... ok I just may go make a pot, put the kids in front of the tv in the basement and recling with a good book! I am weak...LOL
My favorite flavour is International Delight hazelnut... soooo good!!

flutterby said...

Just so you know... reading this made me get up and make a pot o joe. *sigh*

And I totally wish for some time to tackle a good book or two. Any suggestions?

Bijoux said...

I LOVED 'The Glass Castle' by Jeanette Walls.

Followers