Monday, February 27, 2006

Good things come....

Yesterday I went to Safeway to get my groceries for the week. The temperature, with windchill -28, so I opted for parcel pick-up. Upon returning home and opening the truck I noticed the carb-fest going on in my trunk. There was Dorito's, Ichiban, pop, pasta galore.... I was given the wrong groceries. I also happened to look upon a bag full of new clothes....Hmmmmm.... new clothes would be nice.
I called Safeway to let them know about their mistake. I was informed the lady with my groceries was there waiting and hoping hers would be returned. So upon driving back to the store, did I mention it was -28... anyway once groceries were traded and all the thanks given I received a $25 gift card.. WHOA HOO!!!!
I think I hear a juicy salmon calling my name......

4 comments:

flutterby said...

I don't shop at Safeway that often, but I do love me some Parcel-Pick-Up...

Nice job on the gift card. I'm sure it was inconvenient to take the freezing-cold-with-windchill high road. Enjoy your salmon.

Maybe while you're eating it, you can imagine yourself sitting on the sunny banks of a beautiful, rushing stream in Oregon (former home of your poor, dead salmon), and for at least a moment -- if only in your mind -- be out of this cold winter deep freeze we're in. Urgh.

flutterby said...

Hey... nice change. I like the bold star.

JodyJ said...

Thanks.. the old one was a little Hummmm Drummmm!!!

WAUGDAI said...

ya can't ever complain when something's free! WOW minus 28, girl... you's need to move back here. I'm here now... haha

Followers